Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Russell's "Fliers" is a hit or miss

As advertised, Nathaniel Russell's "Fliers:  20 Small Posters with Big Thoughts" is a quirky, gift-worthy collection of thought-provoking posters.  Some are silly, some pose questions deeper than face value - and all of Russell's "fliers" require a sort of double take.  Perhaps this is a matter of personal taste, but I felt like some of Nathaniel Russell's humor was a bit lost on me.  Also, a few of the fliers felt like they were trying a little too hard to drive the point.



Even though this book did not really "click" with me, I did appreciate the set up of the collection.  Each flier is removable and can actually be used as a poster (heavyweight paper).  I also really appreciated the cover, which unfolds as a poster itself.

My overall impression was great quality posters, though some of the contents were hit or miss.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment